Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday 8/29/13 written Saturday 8/24/13 art museum and chop sticks...

Last night we went to the Art Museum. I really thought that it closed at ten. We were there for a half hour before it closed. We wanted to go to the glass blowing area, but we didn't make it over there. We saw a lot of the museum and took a lot of pictures.When we got back into the car Maggie said that she can't use the Art Museum as a cultural event because we have been there before. She could use the glass blowing because she hasn't turned it in as an event before. Maggie and I need to be sure that we are going to places that she can turn in. We had fun, but we really need to accomplish this goal. Tomorrow we are going to the horse races.

We haven't been to the art museum in a while. I didn't realize how much I missed it until we walked into the first gallery. We don't know anything about art. But it is fun to go and see all of the pictures and statues. When the kids were little we used to go every Friday. The museum is free and they had a lot going on on Fridays. There was a kid table where the kids could do crafts. Many times there was a play, and musical groups were there. Sometimes they were groups from high schools and sometimes it was more like an orchestra. They also had tours. I didn't take the kids on the tours, they were too young and would have been board. If I ever went alone I would go on the tour and then tell the kids the information the next time that we were there. We liked the plays the best. I didn't realize how much the museum filled me up until we walked in. I took a lot of pictures.

Outside of our libraries, there are a lot of free local papers. They have lists of what is happening in the area. I picked up a copy of all of them yesterday. They have a lot of choices for cultural events and volunteering. We need to get this done soon. Maggie has been in school for a week and the homework will be starting up soon.

Last week we ate dinner with chop sticks. We don't do this very often. It is fun now and then. We try to do this on nights when we are having stickey food, like something with cream soup on it. Stickey foods are easier for new chop stick users to pick up.

When the kids were little I had a list of skills that kids needed to learn . Eating with chop sticks was on the list. I used it as a guide in teaching my kids skills. I can't find my list and I can't find it on the internet. If anyone sees it on the internet, please let me know the link. I would love to go back and see if we have missed anything.

August 2013 Bible verse: "But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God." Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment